Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Post About Absolutely Nothing

Ok, so in the title it says that on from time to time there would be an occasional rant about nothing. I haven't faithfully held my end of the bargain on that one. Therefore folks, here you go, a rant about nothing.

Over the weekend at our church, I had the pleasure of playing my acoustic guitar with some very talented musicians, in front of a few thousand people. I tell you what, in my life, this was up there with being one of the more difficult thing I've ever had to do. My attempts at public speaking, while enjoyable would be number one, but after time that becomes less nerve inducing. But doing something that has always been a hobby, in front of a large group of people was enough to put the sweat glands into overload. On more than one occasion it seemed like they had turned up the heat, then I realized, oh, its just me.

I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to share the talent that I have been blessed with. I was feeling pretty good about my guitar playing skills, until I came across the following video, shown below. I know now that I still have a long way to go. Hope you enjoyed the rant, now enjoy a truly talented musician.

Regards.

0 Comments: