Sunday, January 13, 2008

NFL Playoff Football

Its the start of another playoff season in the NFL and much to my disappointment the Detroit Lions have someone once again found themselves on the outside looking in.

As a long time fan of the inept Liedowns, I found myself drinking the Kool Aid this season. At 6 and 2 I was in the Club at Ford Field screaming playoffs just like everyone else. I mean even if the Lions went .500 the rest of the way they were going to make the playoffs, but 1 and 7? Are you kidding me? However, in my heart I knew this was coming. I mean it isn't as if the Lions have ever given me reason to think they would do anything but rip the hearts out of long time Lions fans everywhere.

It has gotten so bad that we have this flawed logic, that according to Murphy (Law that is) we can't pass on our season tix, because someone else might buy them and that's the year the Lions will make the playoffs. How sick is that logic.

But we may just be a symptom of the no fun league as with profit sharing and the such, it really doesn't matter if we don't show up, or renew our tickets, as the team still makes money. That's right folks in the NFL it doesn't matter if you put a good product on the field, you gets paid 4 sho.

I'm not exactly sure where I am going with this rant except I think by putting in words on 2007's version of paper, I am getting self therapy. So of course I will renew my tix, wait for the draft and be extremely excited for the hope of playoffs when we draft another receiver.

0 Comments: